Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jewelry Designer- Matina Amanita

Matina Amanita studied jewelery design at Central Saint Martins and graduated from Parsons School of Design with a degree in product design. As a student her passion for jewelery led her to create a one-of-kind collection for the runway shows of Sretsis, the clothing line of her sister Pim Sukhahuta. Upon graduating Parsons in 2005, Matina developed her personal jewelery collection. Matina now lives and works from Thailand.

The Globe Trotter Collection
In Matina's own words: "Ideas gathered from my experience traveling the world, where I noticed how a culture and tradition are what makes each city stands out as an individual. Only recently, it occurred to me how architecture tells a beautiful tale of the city it lives in. The rings mimic the building standing tall, sparkling gems light up the night, reminding of the city memories were once made."



11 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE interesting jewelry. I'm not really a diamond girl. I asked for a car instead of an engagement ring. I'm just as happy with something I've found at World Market as I am with something extravagant. These rings are incredible.

The Townhouselady said...

Ha, A car, I love it! For me it's interesting statement jewelry but even more-so it's a rare gemstones. My engagement ring is a tanzanite, almost exactly like this except it's a round stone. To me the color is hypnotic.

Aren't we lucky that we married guys that get it?

Hey, not to poo-poo diamonds but they are NOT the be all end all.

Jill said...

I LOVE tanzanite. One of my biggest regrets is not buying a tanzanite ring that I was eyeing for 3 years. I made a big mistake!

Jill said...

That is a beautiful ring...

The Townhouselady said...

Even though Japan and Hong Kong have cornered most of the Tanzi market there's still some good color Tanzanite left out there. jtv.com stocks some decent deep blue color loose stones. Their pricing is really nice too.

chateaudelu said...

JaDIE for the last one!

SpryOnTheWall said...

Stunning!!!

My engagement ring is a canary diamond, sort of typical, sort of not :o)

The Townhouselady said...

The last one reminds me of the stunning Emeralds Angelina Jolie wore.

Those are beautiful Dobby. I'd sure love to have one.

SpryOnTheWall said...

Oh those earrings were to die for! I would love something emerald, just beautiful!

The Townhouselady said...

I literally gasped when she came on the screen in those earrings. My husband laughed thinking I was gasping at Brad and I said NO!! The earrings! Which made him laugh even harder.

SpryOnTheWall said...

Ha! The only other time where earrings made me swoon like that was Marcia Cross and those huge, beautiful turquoise ones she wore at the Emmys one year - that turquoise with her red hair was stunning.