Wednesday, December 23, 2009

6-8 Black Men- A Holiday Reading by David Sedaris

One of my absolute all time favorite authors is David Sedaris. I'll devour anything he reads on NPR and have collected every book he's written. If you haven't read any of his works but are thinking, hey, that names sounds familiar perhaps it's because you're thinking of his sister Amy Sedaris who frankly is equally brilliant in her own hilariously quirky way.

David discovered while talking to 'Oscar' that the holiday's in The Netherlands are celebrated in a decidedly different than the way we celebrate here in the United States. Please, join me in listening to David reading, in his classically droll style, of being educated on the Dutch tradition of Sinterklaas.

I promise, it's absolutely hysterical!

8 comments:

Belle de Ville said...

I have never read anything by David Sedaris but I will now on your recommandation!

MFAMB said...

so awesome. its funny but to me he sounds just like amy's character, gerry blank from strangers with candy. i wonder if she based that character on him in some way.

Appletree said...

that was just what I needed today!

LTG said...

I LOVE DAVID SEDARIS!!! He's so freakin hilarious! I too, have all of his books. I think I started listening to him on NPR with my mom a decade or so ago. Everyone should try him. AAAAAmazingly funny, laugh out loud, snorting, guffawing, crying tears of laughter. Wow, I sound like a stalker.

Chloe said...

The best, love him SO hard. ♥

hello gorgeous said...

I brought Holidays on Ice to read while on Jury Duty last week. I love him.

The Countess of Nassau County said...

Fantastic. What a complete howl.

Anonymous said...

http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/a_townhouseladys_life/

So I can still read you over on teh facebook. :)