I present, I no particular order, my Top 5 Summer Fun Things:
- Coney Island- Sun, Sand, Surf, Rides, Nathan's Famous Hotdogs & History.
- Grilling- Arlynn, you'll be disappointed to know that we use a gas grill. I know, this is considered cheating by the purists but I want a special dispensation. Prior to this past summer we'd been serial apartment dwellers with no prior grilling knowledge whatsoever. Baby steps...
- Our backyard & wine- I know, technically this is two things but stick with me and you'll see how they go hand in hand. First, we love having outdoor space (remember- former Apt. dwellers). Having a backyard, even a small one like ours really is a blessing. So, after a long day we love nothing more than to grab a bottle of wine, two glasses and go sit out in the backyard drink the vino and grin like big dopes over how happy we are to have the yard. I know this must sound so silly to most of you but you can't imagine the joy it brings. Plus it's where we grill (see above).
- The sun and lots of it!- I always hate the winter months when you leave work and it's already dark out. I don't know about you but I just want to get home, eat dinner and crawl into bed. During the summer it's totally different. You get home, go out back (see above) or on the front stoop chatting with neighbors then you go inside whip up something fast and dirty, watch some TV and THEN go to bed. You just feel more alive.
- Rum Raisin Ice Cream- No explanation necessary. It's just good stuff.