Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fur Friends

My favorite little homeless cats Maxine (the gray one with the giant 'M' on her forehead) and Zorra are getting bigger now that they are eating real food. Maxine is very interested in us and tends to hang out a bit to watch us. As you can see Zorra is still very leery particularly when I have the camera out.

I've started picking them up a little so as to get them used to human touch and to socialize them in the hopes they can be adopted. Yes, that's their Mummy. Even though she's technically feral she's very trusting with me and doesn't mind me handling her babies. I'm pretty sure she knows I have three of her other ones inside who are deliciously healthy and happy. They watch each other through the window. Within the next week or so we're going to take her to be fixed via the local TNR (Trap Nueter and Release) group. So no more babies for Mummy. Poor thing needs a rest.

So again, if you know anyone who is in, or can travel to the NYC area that might be interested please let me know! I really want to get these sweet girls into homes.

The ASPCA endorses Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) as the only proven humane and effective method to manage feral cat colonies. Please click on the logo to get information that provides background on TNR, online and print resources, and what you can do to get involved in your community.

13 comments:

Christina said...

The black & white one is adorable in his little batman mask! The crazy catlady in me wants him fedexed to Atlanta asap! I hope they find nice homes.

The Townhouselady said...

Isn't she too much? Her expressions are priceless. We think she looks like she's wearing Zorro's mask. But she is VERY Batman looking!

Diane J. said...

Awwwww, they are so cute! That picture of Lou, he looks like Zorro with the black covering his eyes.

Thanks for giving me a great big smile.

The Townhouselady said...

That's no coincidence Diane. They have the same mother and I suspect father making Lou is her older sister.

Zorra also has the same white stripe between her eyes Lou has, just not as prominent.

Laura said...

So cute! You are clearly a big-hearted person to take them in so generously...

Megan said...

Love the kitties! Mama cat does need a break.

ana said...

both are lovely! I love cats too :)
thank you very much for your comment :)

Unknown said...

adorable the first kitty looks so much my Brilli!!

The Townhouselady said...

Brilli is a true beauty. Her eyes are intensely amazing.

Too bad I can't send her to live with you and Brilli in Milan!

Stephanie said...

Oh they are so cute! We found our little kitty way out on a farm. The owner breeds dogs and seems to take in any stray kitty that comes along:)

Donna said...

Precious. Absolutely precious! I is now confirmed that both sides of our street has crazy cat ladies!

The Townhouselady said...

Donna I know! We both have 5 indoor and too many outdoor.

Thanks again for you're absolutely invaluable assistance and support!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

you are soooo good to do this! we have 2 cats right now (brother & sister) and the girl has lymphoma. (She's only 3 years old...sad I know!)

Anyway, there are stray cats in the field across the street from our townhome. The mom had kittens when we moved in and we've tried to catch her, but with no luck.

A couple down the street feeds them, but it breaks my heart to see them out in the snow & cold!

We want to get another cat (or maybe 2) so that when we have to put our girl cat down in a few weeks, her brother (who is so playful) will have someone to play with!