Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tim Burton On Couture

What can I say about Tim Burton? That I am an enormous fan? Check. That he is a creative genius? Double check. That I wish I could climb inside his brain for a moment and run through the delightfully playful macabre caverns of his imagination? Triple check!

We're in luck. MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) is holding a major career retrospective of Tim Burton's work from November 22, 2009–April 26, 2010.

In anticipation of this retrospective, filmmaker Tim Burton brilliantly reimagines the season's dark delights through the lens of photographer Tim Walker in the pages of Harper's Bazaar.

It's so beautiful I can't even find the words.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Images like this make me wish I were a 5' 11" glamazon model. All I can say is "Wow"!

SpryOnTheWall said...

You beat me to the punch girlfriend. This was gonna be my Halloween post. When I saw this in Bazaar I almost jumped up and down. LOVE IT!!!!!! Gosh, I wish I could get up to NYC to see the exhibit...

MFAMB said...

i met tim burton, i auditioned for him. for a part in big fish. it was crazy cool.

anita said...

so cool! i love these photos!!

Michael St. James said...

I can't get enough of this spread!

Anonymous said...

love love love love LOVE!

Marian said...

love these images so much. genius
xx
marian

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

SO creepily fabulous! Thanks for the link heads up today!

Kitty Sheehan said...

that Tim Burton thingee is really cool.

ps I did my homework.
Thanks for including me in that fab group!
xxoo

Anthony said...

Yummmm!
Everything Burton does is wonderfully delicious eye-candy! And THIS fashion spread is no exception!

Love that gigantic skeleton posing with the models, in the field of roses... The BIG round-headed mummy is neat, too!

Megan said...

Amazing photos and even more amazing clothes!

Bathory House said...

Great minds think alike. I posted Tim on my blog too! Aren't the images gorgeous?