Friday, May 8, 2009

Pretty Things...

Yesterday, the seventh annual show of designs created in Brooklyn- BKLYN DESIGNS began. Founded in 2003, this exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings, lighting, and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn has steadily grown to attract visitors from all around the globe.

Some of my favorite picks...
Vintage Steel Doctors Cabinet available at City Foundry

Brass Pendant Lamp from Robert Abby Porter Collection available @ Rico

My Brother's Frame by Harry Allen available @ Rico

Mid Century Czech Vase available at Prague Kolektiv

Smoke Chair by Moooi avaliable @ Mattermatters

Brass Ring Side Table- Laurie Beckerman avaliable @ Voos


For those interested in exploring the scene, BKLYN DESIGNS website offers a list of this years 45 exhibitors . Some are new, some are old and many of their stores are open only a few days a week, so when visiting be sure to check out their hours in advance.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I love the brass ring table...

The Townhouselady said...

Oh I know! The table is my favorite piece.

I'd love to put the doctors cabinet in a bathroom. Imagine that set against marble subway tile?

Anonymous said...

The frame is killer!

Laura said...

OK, you've gotten me off of the fence...I'm heading over there tomorrow!

The Townhouselady said...

I'm scared to go! They're going to take all my money!

Jennifer said...

OMG I would kill for that dr.s cabinet!!