Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tisk, tisk, tisk...

I wanted so badly to put together a post ranting about how disgusted I was with Perez Hilton and his behavior.

Luckily, I don't have to (which is quite the relief because let's face it I'm not exactly a great wordsmith) because Hamilton Nolan at Gawker pretty much sums up my thoughts on the entire incident here.

For those of you that didn't already hear the statement that Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) released, which Hamilton refers to, it reads as follows:


"We have reached out to Hilton and asked him to apologize for promoting this anti-gay slur, and we would ask media outlets to avoid repetition of the slur in their coverage of this story."

"For someone in our own community to use it to attack another person by saying that it is, quote, 'The worst possible thing that thug would ever want to hear,' is incredibly dangerous. It legitimizes use of a slur that is often linked to violence against our community. And it sends a message that it is OK to attempt to dehumanize people by exploiting anti-gay attitudes."

5 comments:

Jill said...

Is he not the grossest, most hateful spawn on the planet? I will never understand his popularity. He said he gets like millions of hits a day? How is that possible? The pic you posted is priceless! Just Yuck!!

On another note, I'm soooo bored today. Thanks for the links. It will give me something to do.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Tisk..tisk..is so true. How can people such as this become SO popular. Tells us a lot about our society, does it not?! He's like watching a train wreck.

The Townhouselady said...

At first he was funny.

Then he got egotistical and catty.

Then he got downright mean and self righteous.

He used to laugh at celebs for their public missteps and bad choices.

Ironic that he's become exactly what he once ridiculed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning him being hit for what he did but, I think that he now understands that there are consequences for the bile that he spews.

Let's hope he's learned a lesson.

SpryOnTheWall said...

Karma - he's reaping what he sowed. And I'm not sure he will learn anything from this.

I used to visit his site way back in the day, but he just got too hateful. It turned into something ugly and not something fun.

Ick.

ticklishfromadistance said...

I saw this on TV the other night and was sort of dropping in and out of sleep. I swear I thought it was a joke because it was SO crazy. Wow.