Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Artist- Stella Im Hultberg

Stella Im Hultberg’s paintings are conceived in varying combinations of ink, watercolor, and oils on paper, wood and canvas. Her portraits of women are rendered in easy, flowing lines with soft hues that transcend the typical critiques of feminine beauty, inherent in today’s self conscious society.

Hultberg originally studied Industrial Design at CSU, which naturally segued into work as a toy designer early on in her career. Work in the design industry serendipitously led to her building on her natural talents as an artist and a career as a self-taught painter soon followed. Having grown up in Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan, she has a diverse blend of cultural influences to pull from. She is currently based in Brooklyn, NY.

Stella is currently showing at:
Last Rites Gallery in New York, NY thru January 31st.
MyPlasticHeart Gallery inNew York, NY Feb 5th thru March 6th.








3 comments:

My said...

Oh how I love her work!!!! I blog her at least once per year.


My
tha Hotness Blog

The Townhouselady said...

I just stumbled on it when looking at a gallery website and I fell in love.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Gorgeous. The one with the striped socks is totally speaking to me!